Sunday 23 June 2013

It's Been A While

For one reason and another I have not been blogging as often as I should have done. The main reason is work and being too tired. However, I found myself with a free weekend this weekend and got busy with the sewing machine. My friend Kate at our knitting lock in asked for a cosy for her interchangeable needles. I managed to find this lovely piece of Liberty print lawn and the first one was born.

I was on a bit of a roll then and thought that mine was getting a little tired and I made it out of fabric I didn't really like in case it didn't work. So the red one just happened.

Then, thinking that maybe I should think about putting one in my Etsy shop, The yellow one happened too. Item details:- These babies take 13 sets of needles, 9 of the slots are for the smaller ones and the rest for the larger ones. There are three large pockets for the cables. small scissors, needle gauge and a tape measure, and then three small pockets for the round stoppers that go on the ends of the cables, for row markers, safety pins etc. Have you noticed there is also a slot for the key for doing and undoing the needles from the cables, there on the left hand side of the picture. Clever eh!
A good weekends work I think. I have also been asked for crochet needle cosies, I'll work on that next weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment