Sunday 4 March 2012

Sewy Day With Log Cabin Quilters


My once a month sewing day with my local quilting group was a success, I was able to make a gift for my friend from a kit from Sunflower Fabrics. Today I piped it! Yes I know, I piped, never done that before. I did struggle a bit using my zipper foot on my machine so I think I had better get a piping foot as I think as a finishing technique it is brilliant.

I also made six more of the ohio blocks for my red star quilt, here are just a few of them. There will be two inch sashing between the blocks as I really wanted a floating block look to this quilt. I love the colours and can't wait to finish it.

I have absolutely no idea why and how this post is underlined! I cannot find an undo underlining key, I didnt ask it to underline, no idea!!

3 comments:

  1. I love your red Ohio Stars! Red quilts are always so eye catching and this will be no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete