Thursday 11 August 2011

Festival of Quilts 2011


I had a lovely day. The trains ran on time so I got there O.K. As usual the quality of the quilts on display was staggering, I can only dream of creating work such as this. And, as usual there was an enormous amount of retail opportunities. I always come back from these events with lots of ideas and plans, wishing I had bought more or different as my ideas change. I did get lots of fat quarters and a couple of kits including a union jack cushion kit from the Bramble Patch and some fabric from Rowan for a bag. Oh and I also saw Kaffe Fassett, the colour king on the Rowan stand.

The picture I have chosen for this post reflects the way I felt when I saw it, gagging for a cup of tea!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic quilt,thanks for showing those who couldn't be there! Makes me feel like a cuppa too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi
    I was absolutely thrilled to see you had taken a photo of my quilt, unfortunately I wasn't able to get to the Festival of Quilts but now thanks to you I have seen it in situ.

    ReplyDelete