Saturday 2 July 2011

Farmers Wife Quilt Along


After much thought and deliberation, actually not much at all. Once I had seen these fabrics I knew I had to do it.

So these american cottons are the beginning of the quilt along I bought the book the other day to do at some time in the future. However, when I was in Berwick yesterday I found this shop and in the shop I found the fabrics in the picture which will be the beginning of the quilt. The book itself is a joy to read as it shows all the blocks which go into the making up of the quilt with a CD Rom with templates, with each of the blocks there is a letter from a farmers wife from the 1920's. The subjects of the letters are varied but about life and thoughts from the farm. Tomorrow I will have a sewing day and begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment