Wednesday 20 April 2011

Florence Holiday



John and I have just returned from a lovely week in Florence. I have been before and have seen the wonders of the Uffici and Pitti Palace but John had not. However as Florence had a free week where most of the large galleries and museums were free, the queues to get in were horendous. The only thing I really wanted to see this time was Michael Angelo's David and the Slaves. The queue defeated me so it will have to wait for another time. Hopefully another time soon as we stayed with friends who live a spit away from the Duomo for part of the time and in a glorious converted barn on the outskirts of the city for the rest of the time. The Barn was beautiful, quiet, peaceful and with the amazing song of nightingales all night. My over riding memory of this holiday will be the nightingales and the smell and sight of wisteria, in full bloom, simply stunning. We also met some lovely people and ate great food. A good holiday all round I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment